OFS Fitel, LLC, a leading manufacturer of optical fiber, fiber cable, and connectivity components for our customer’s optical infrastructure, has an immediate position available for a Materials and Draw Process Engineer at its Norcross location.
This position requires a highly motivated entry-level engineer to work on materials development and characterization, optical fiber testing and optical fiber draw process development in a growing optical fiber manufacturing facility.
- Work with senior engineers in developing new UV curable materials for optical fibers
- Perform testing of coated optical fibers to characterize their physical, mechanical and optical transmission properties
- Assist in optical fiber draw process development for higher speeds, new product testing and qualification and equipment prove in
- Support Operations/Manufacturing in continuous improvements and troubleshooting of the optical fiber draw process
- Draft reports, present results to team and review meetings
- Train and supervise co-op students
- Interface with engineers at other company locations to propagate best practices
- Work effectively in a team environment on product, process, specification, and technical topics
- Ability to work under high pressure and manage challenging deadlines
- A B.S. Degree in Engineering, Polymer/Materials Science and Engineering, Chemical Engineering or equivalent. Candidates with an M.S degree will also be considered
- Hands on experience in a laboratory
- Experience with materials characterization techniques (spectroscopy, mechanical analysis)
- Excellent analytical and experimental skills involving design of experiments, troubleshooting and root cause analysis
- Computer and programming skills (preferred)
- Excellent documentation, communication, and presentation skills
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. OFS Fitel, LLC, a Georgia based global company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Employees are expected to serve as role models for safe work practices and behaviors. This includes following established health and safety policies and procedures, maintaining a clean, organized work area, wearing, and properly storing all personal protective equipment (PPE), and actively engaging as a safety conscious worker with personal safety and wellness as a priority.
Interested candidates can submit a resume by clicking on the button below to begin the self-identification process.
Note: Only those candidates selected for an interview process will be contacted.