From brain tumor ablation to leg vein treatment, OFS optical fiber solutions help the medical industry address human medical needs on a daily basis.
Our HCXtreme® Optical Fiber technology addresses the problem of fiber failure due to tight bending under high peak power. In testing down to a 5 mm bend diameter, HCXtreme fibers continued to transmit power without breakage.
Related Applications & Procedures
- Kidney stone ablation
- Laser Lipolysis
- Pulmonary Vein Ablation
- Laser Hair Removal
- White Paper: Study of Optical Fiber Damage Under Tight Bend with High Optical Power at 2140 nm
- White Paper: Effects of sterilization methods on key properties of specialty optical fibers used in medical devices
- White Paper: Effects of Sterilization on Optical and Mechanical Reliability of Specialty Optical Fibers and Terminations
- White Paper: Fiber Strength and Reliability
- Fiber Optic Solutions for Medical Devices