OFS, a leading manufacturer of optical fiber, located in Sturbridge, Massachusetts is accepting resumes for a Mechanical Systems Technician.
The successful candidate will perform maintenance, repair, overhaul, prove-in, calibrate, modification service and performance operations checks on all types of electrical and mechanical systems/equipment employed in the design, development, and manufacture of optical fiber, including repair and replacement of component parts.
Qualified, safety minded Production Operators will possess:
- Graduate of an accredited trades training program
- A minimum of 5 years of industrial mechanic experience is required
- Must be able to set up and operate welding equipment
- The ability to refer to and understand manufacturing layouts, engineering specifications, or work instructions
- Must be able to communicate repairs and work in the form of logbooks, records, and computerized data base systems
- Computer proficiency, including experience with Microsoft Office required
- U.S. work authorization
In addition to our dynamic work environment, OFS offers:
- Competitive hourly rate with incentives and regular increases
- Generous shift differentials
- Medical and dental insurance after 90 days
- Matching 401(k) after 90 days
- Paid holidays, sick time, vacation and personal time
- Paid short-term and long-term disability
- Member of collective bargaining unit represented by Local 1400 of the CWA
Qualified candidates can submit a resume by clicking on the button below to begin the self-identification process.
Note: Only those candidates selected for the interview process will be contacted.
OFS Fitel, LLC, a Georgia based global company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.