OFS Fitel, LLC, a leading manufacturer of optical fiber, fiber cable, and connectivity components for our customer’s optical infrastructure, has an immediate position available for a Project Engineering Manager in its Professional Services organization.
The Project Engineering Manager will survey and document the most efficient and customer accepted pathways available to place fiber in buildings of MDU properties, complete MDU optical cable designs and determine materials/labor units required to get an accurate cost of deployment of fiber to the apartments/condo living unit. In addition, the position will be responsible to manage installation and construction sub-contractors and provide updates to both OFS and customers MDU Project Managers on the progress of individual MDU projects. Other functions include calculating material lengths for the appropriate type of deployment and the ability to take field notes and photos, and to interpret them to deliver a cost effective design package to the customer. The incumbent will also use satellite imagery in the delivery of a FTTH design for communities or service providers. The incumbent will also provide project management, design, and engineering for customer deployment which may be one large FTTH community deployment or several smaller MDU deployments or a mix of each depending on the circumstances. The focus of this position will be in Texas and Southwest U.S.
Functions to coordinate include contracted engineering and construction labor, material delivery and customer updates. The incumbent will prepare and update periodic status reports for Professional Services Management as well as for OFS customers. Other responsibilities include desktop design of fiber to the home passive networks for FTTH communities, MDU’s or other types of OSP designs for customers. FTTH designs will include placing terminals, splitters, splitter cabinets (if applicable), placing cable segments, determining cable counts and splicing amounts.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering or science is desired
- In depth knowledge of FTTX deployments including construction and installation of fiber to Multiple Dwelling Units (MDU’s is required, and the same for OSP is desired
- Knowledge of the different components used in FTTH design, and ability to follow existing utilities ROW and place network elements in an efficient manner as required
- Excellent presentation skills. Bilingual in English/Spanish is essential
- Demonstrated ability to manage several individual projects concurrently along with the ability to recognize risk to the completion schedule and ability to develop and implement contingency plans to keep the schedule on track
- Project Management certification is highly desired
- Employees are expected to serve as role models for safe work practices and behaviors. This includes following established health and safety policies and procedures, maintaining a clean, organized work area, wearing, and properly storing all personal protective equipment (PPE), and actively engaging as a safety conscious worker with personal safety and wellness as a priority
OFS Fitel LLC, a Georgia based company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Note: Only those candidates selected for the interview process will be contacted.